Tuesday, August 22, 2006

FROM THE ARCHIVES:Episode 1

I was searching through my old files a few weekends ago, and stumbled on my old notepads containing poems, lyrics, lines that I wrote back in the days. Reading through the poems brought back funny, hilarious, crazy memories of old. I was torn in between sharing and not sharing them because of obvious reasons, but sharing prevailed! So my next few posts will be from the archives. I will try to give a little background on the poems/lines, wateva they are called, to make a little sense out of the lines.

So let's rock and roll!

I have always been a die-hard romantic person, (at least dat's what I think). Whenever I'm game for a daughter of Eve, I just plunge headon romantic into it. Cards, Gifts, Poems and all the works. I try to do my thang smoothly. But I met dis sista like a 2.5yrs ago. We started as friends, didnt even know I was going to have anything fo her. We got friendly and I found out she was really cool. Then i tot, comon son, this is just what you've been looking for. But, anytime I'm around her, i am always like dulllllllll!!!! Lounging on my bed on a rainy Jiggy (short for Jigawa state, where I had my NYSC), I wrote this little poem.

THe SPeLLbINDER!

How can I be tonguetied
When there are so much to say
Wonder how I could be so dry
When there are so many jokes to share
How can I say you are beautiful
When at the same time
I wanted to say you are brilliant
Why wont I stutter, saying
You are intelligent and elligant, at
the same time aint easy

First time I looked into your eyes
I couldn’t get pass the brown pupils
I searched my inner self and
looked deeper the second time
Then I realised that behind
the brown pupils and the Eva smile
there’s a beautiful angel
that behind the non-challant attitude
there’s a heart of lovely roses
the strength of its fragrance
so sweet and endearing
then I got closer to you and felt
the kindness of your soul
like a stream running through a deseart
Now I know why I get so tonguetied
Now I know why I get so dry
Now I know why I still stutter
Your Aura, so appealing
Yet captivating and spellbinding.
Anywayz, if you care to know, we got closer, friendlier, but all I got was a farewell when I was leaving Jiggy. She was sold on another brother...You know what I mean

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 14, 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Jotees Trendz said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home